Blanketed in pristine rainforest, lined by golden sands, and brimming with curious-looking creatures, Costa Rica is the ultimate family playground. Explore inland jungles and volcanic wonders in every way possible: soaring on a zip line, riding on horseback, and hiking misty trails. Then head for the Gold Coast on the Pacific Ocean for some sun, surf, and adventures out at sea.
- Channel your inner Tarzan as you soar through the jungle canopy on zip lines
- Join a naturalist on a night walk through the cloud forest
- Keeping your ears open for the symphony of hooting owls
- Croaking frogs
- And chirping insects
- Test your skills at a cooking class as you whip up delicious Costa Rican dishes
- Jump into a natural mud bath
- And swim in pools heated by area volcanoes
- Duration: 9 days
- Start/Finish City: San José to San José
- Service Level: Upgraded
- Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- Physical Grading: 2 - Light
- Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- Travel Style: National Geographic Family Journeys
- Trips for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- Trip Type: Small Group
- Small group experience; 20
Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Life Monteverde Community Lunch, Tour, and Cooking Class, Monteverde
Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Monteverde Institute Lecture & Reforestation Project, Monteverde
Your G for Good Moment: Life Monteverde Experience, Monteverde. Arrival transfer. Naturalist guided cloud forest night walk. Canyon canopy tour in Rincón de la Vieja National Park. Rio Negro Hot Springs and volcanic mud bath. Horseback riding and guided hike in Rincón de la Vieja National Park. Palo Verde National Park guided boat tour. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Channel your inner Tarzan as you soar through the jungle canopy on zip lines, Join a naturalist on a night walk through the cloud forest, keeping your ears open for the symphony of hooting owls, croaking frogs, and chirping insects, Test your skills at a cooking class as you whip up delicious Costa Rican dishes, Jump into a natural mud bath, and swim in pools heated by area volcanoes.